Thursday, June 12, 2008

Audio Adrenaline and Disturbed

I am listening to Disturbed again. I know, probably not the best uplifting music to listen to. But at the same time I am pulling all sorts of wonderful truth out of this CD that I actually feel uplifted. Take the title track Indestructible.

I'll have you know
That I've become...
Indestructible
Determination that is incorruptible
From the other side
A terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable
Every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible
Take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war

Pretty heavy and violent isn't it. And what is the point? Take a look at Audio Adrenaline's Some Kind of Zombie.

But Im dead to sin like
Some kind of zombie.
I hear you speak and I obey
Some kind of zombie
I walked away from the grave
Some kind of zombie
I will never be afraid
Some kind of zombie
I gave my life away.
Im obliged and obey
Im enslaved to what you say.

Both songs raise the same feeling in me, and for the same reason. I am invincible, indestructible, a thing to be feared. There is no greater weapon than a child of God willing to fall on their knees. And I also strive to be God's zombie, obedient to His word, unswayed, unflagging energy, willingly forced to do the with of the Father.

Now put them together and you get Matthew 16:18:
I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

We are unstoppable when we do not rely on ourselves. Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. That is what we have to act from, not a place of fear or insufficiency, but of reliance on the one who makes us strong. It is only then that we really achieve our highest calling, laying our will, desires and goals aside so that Christ can use us with power and to His glory.

No comments: