Friday, August 29, 2008

Pain

I always said I would never have a cat. Cats aren't my thing. I saw them as useless and conceited. Then I got one. I think Thalia is rather useless and conceited, but she is still cool. Hades, on the other hand, is our little bundle of joy and excitement. Since the day we got him, he raised hell in our apartment, scratched us up and had awful gas. But he was also very cuddly, sweet, and changed my mind about cats, or at least him.

But he has been sick for almost a month now. Our little ball of fire doesn't run around, or jump on the furniture, or torment Thalia. He just lies down, looking sad and emaciated now. And it is killing us. He had a seizure last night, and another this afternoon. We were thinking he was going to die last night. I only got 3 hours of sleep, and would willingly do it again for him.

I cannot put a positive spin on this right now. I have been praying for God to heal him for three weeks solid now, and he has just deteriorated. I don't know what to do, or if he will get better, all the tests have been negative so far.

So, God, I am giving him up to You now. This ball of joy You gave us, we love him and don't want to lose him. Please heal him and return him to us, or if You desire, let him go home peacefully. We just don't want him to suffer more.

But we want him to be with us again. Please.

No comments: