Friday, August 1, 2008

His Hand

i walk head down, eyes on the ground,
can't look ahead for fear of stumbling;
can't look behind for fear of repeating,
the same mistakes, pains and heartaches;
walking isn't easy, life takes its toll,
yes i am saved, now make me whole;
ground is uneven, feet are tired,
arms are heavy, feel uninspired;
end of the rope, give me hope,
hear your voice, look at the sand,
all along, i'm walking in Your Hand.


I have struggled for years trying to figure out why God won't give me total peace about what happens down the road. And while I still don't have total peace, I realize that I am indeed walking in His Hand. Every step I take, no matter how hard it may seem, is protected and covered by Him. And while I may fall, stumble, or become weary, I can just collapse to the ground and let Him hold me. In His Hand.

1 comment:

Seized by Hope said...

True Words for each of us to remember. Your words here are a slice of what we all experience.