Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Omega

Lord, be my Omega today. You exist outside of this fragile timeline, you know where the story has already ended in your eyes. When this fragile sandbox that we tend to think is the sum of our existence is shattered and gone, You will remain. When time is no longer even a concept, the reality is still You.

You watched me walk down dark paths, down roads full of shame and regret. You have seen my fears and my failures, You know when my pride has made me stumble. You are not just walking beside me in this life, You are at the end, You were at the beginning. And my greatest hope is that I can get a taste of who You are to me at the end of my life, at the end of all that we cling to in this world. You are already where I will be when the we watch your blessings come rolling into our lives. You are already where I will stand when hopes and dreams become reality and substance. You are where faith is no longer required and the future is already done and gone. How incredible it must be to see me flounder around it this thing we call time, see the doubts and hopes and already know what is going to happen.

And so I ask, be my Omega today. Be my end. Be the comforter of my soul because the day will come when my soul won't ever need comforting again. Fill me with the understanding that no matter what happens You are still what remains, and let me see the peace of what that brings. I don't ask for glimpses of the future, just the knowledge of who You are when the future comes.

You will get all glory and honor and power and praise. You will be our light and our breath and the joy that we will feel will be the joy of being in Your presence. Bring me closer to that today, give me a hint of what You are when You are all that is.

No comments: